Landlording can be a very rewarding job. It can also be incredibly hectic, especially when you have to deal with maintenance and emergency repairs. So it is not hard to imagine that many landlords are failing to handle maintenance issues quickly and effectively. Are you one of them?
Rental Property Maintenance Tips
- Get Organized: Coordinate all of your maintenance tickets in a single online platform that can be accessed remotely from your phone. This will help you better track contractors, repairmen, and projects.
- Talk to your Tenants: When emergency repairs or maintenance comes up, don’t forget to stay in communication with your tenants. We know it is tough, but in between calling contractors and trying to make repairs, you must also talk to your tenants and keep them informed.
- Coordinate with your Tenant: It is also a good idea to keep your tenants informed on the entire process. Have them conferenced in when scheduling repairs and try to accommodate their needs as best as possible.
- Follow up with your Tenants: After repairs are made, do a walk through with your tenant to make sure everything is satisfactory.
Did you know that lack of regular maintenance is one of the top reasons most vacating tenants cite as their cause for moving? It’s true. So instead of getting in over your head, call a property management firm to help you better manage the maintenance of your rental property.
- Find a Maintenance Supervisor: Are you in over your head? Don’t worry; you can hire a property management firm to help you! No one said you had to do this alone.
Auburn Rose Property Management: Helping Landlords, like you, with your Maintenance Needs
At Auburn Rose, we offer Maintenance, Renovation, and Landscaping Services to help you maintain your rental property and make timely repairs. We also offer Bookkeeping Services to help you track expenses.
So what are you waiting for? Pick up the phone and call Auburn Rose today!
Whether it’s tearing down a privacy fence, installing a security alarm, changing the locks, repairing a busted pipe, we will manage the entire maintenance and repair process, from budgeting to getting bids to overseeing the project to signoff of the completed work.
Auburn Rose is here for you!
If you want to learn more about Maintenance and Property Management or if you have any questions, please contact Auburn Rose Property Management by calling (443) 928-2220 or visit our website today!